Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Film Rouge (Rocks) No. 2


Lizabeth Scott is a true Hollywood legend, a film noir icon. Her intriguing beauty, unforgettable smoky voice and commanding screen presence gave life to several of the most memorable femme fatales and “good girls gone bad” ever to delight movie audiences. I was honored in 2003 when Ms. Scott, who rarely grants interviews, agreed to share with me some memories of her 1946 visit to Sedona to film Desert Fury. “It holds up magnificently,” she said when asked her opinion of the picture today. “I find that’s true of all the films I made. I get an enormous amount of fan mail from 18-, 19-, 20-year-olds. I fit into their...[contemporary] personas. I can’t explain it, nor have they ever been able to explain it to me.”––Joe McNeill

No comments:

Post a Comment